Planning a Marco Island Wedding
Here are 10 bridal hair do’s and don’ts to help make your Marco Island wedding day the best ever!
- Do schedule a planning appointment with your stylist 4-6 months in advance of the big day. Remember to bring pictures of your dress, hairstyle ideas, and any hair accessories/veil that you will be wearing.
- If you are planning a destination wedding, plan to arrive a few days early to meet with your stylist and do a formal run-through of your wedding day hair. You should also plan out looks for your bridal party’s hairstyles at this time.
- Have an idea in mind of what style you want, but remember to keep your dress, theme, and weather in mind when making a final decision. This is especially important when planning a beach wedding as humidity and wind can quickly derail plans for flowing beachy waves. Many up-dos can now provide the wavy beach look while still providing enough structure to ensure beautiful bridal hair all night long.
- Remember to take photos during your planning appointment to refer back to on your wedding day.
- Don’t make drastic changes to your color and or length within two months of your wedding. One of the most foolproof ways to shine on your wedding day is to feel confident and comfortable with your look. Nothing is more frustrating for a bride than looking back on wedding photos and not recognizing themselves in the photo because of overdone hair or makeup.
- Do schedule maintenance appointments two weeks before your wedding day. This includes haircuts, extension touch-ups, color re-touches, and highlights. This will allow for plenty of time for tweaks to your style should they be needed.
- Do weekly conditioning treatments for one month prior to your wedding.
- Ask your stylist how you should prepare for the day of the appointment. Some stylists prefer you to have freshly washed and dried hair, and some ask that you not wash your hair for 24 hours before your wedding.
- Be honest with your stylist. Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. We understand that you want to look your best. If you’re not 100 percent satisfied with your style, speak up!
- On your big day, enjoy every experience. Even getting ready with your bridal party is something you will always remember. Take photos, laugh, celebrate, and above all, have some fun!
Are you planning a Marco Island wedding? Call us today to schedule your consultation appointment with one of our master stylists at 239-394-1083. – Skin Renewal Systems Salon and Spa